Tips, sure, you can call these tips. More like “What not to do on facebook”
Yes, none of us like it.
- Keep from blurting your home business website all over your page. Unless you have a following already, people-your friends-won’t click the link. Either, they will get frustrated because you are, in their heads, “Spamming” them or they will think you have been hacked.
- Keep from emailing strangers and sending them unsolicited your link. It is very unlikely to work. This is NETWORK marketing. We are networking with people, get to know them. How do you know you even want them on your team or in your business. Look at it this way, you are interviewing people as if they are going to come to work with you.
- Keep from tagging people in your business opportunity pictures, unless they are in the picture and are cool with that or YOU KNOW FOR A FACT they won’t mind. This is annoying and will get you deleted from my friends list.
- Keep from pasting your website on other’s pages. This, again, is spamming and very annoying. You will almost for sure get deleted from your friends lists. At least you will from mine.
- Last for now, Keep from adding people to your group without their permission. At the time of this writing, this is a new thing. It is also very annoying especially when the person starts getting all these alerts from people messaging and talking in that group.
Bottom line is always ALWAYS get permission from people before sending you links. It will save relationships and maintain you credibility. You will also keep your business fresh, meaning when you bring it up, it will most likely be the first time they find out what you are doing and will most likely be curious.
Here’s an example: I just recently finished my massage CEUs for the year. At the end of the course, I was handing out some tax benefit pamphlets to the class, as they left the classroom. Since I didn’t make it public information and “Pitch” everyone in there, it was no big deal for people to take the pamphlet. Actually, they were thankful and wished me a good night. They were curious to know what I was handing them. One guy, that I missed, was so curious that he actually got back out of his car and came up for pamphlet.
You see, as humans, we are naturally curious. When you blast you business all over the place, people already know about it and have prejudged you and your business. If you have a chance to get them some information prior to this, they still have an open mind and will come into whatever information you give them, with a more open mind.
Have an opinion? I would love to hear it, leave it at the bottom.
“To your legacy”